Products & Resources
Akaibu Evolve helps organizations to migrate data archives by offering a fully audited and reliable migration process based upon Microsoft Windows and SQL Server technology. Akaibu Evolve greatly reduces the risks and complexity associated with the manual migration of archives whilst at the same time provides full chain-of-custody reporting and error logging so that suspected corruptions in source archives can be investigated easily and identified for compliance purposes.
Multiple use cases
Akaibu Evolve can be used in the following scenarios...
- Migration of data between archive platforms
- Migration of archive data between storage platforms
- Migration of archived email and associated data to cloud-based services
Advanced Yet Uncomplicated
Akaibu Evolve is not invasive - it does not require any software to be installed on the source or target archives or on the mail servers - and for the most part can run as background process, making it effectively invisible to the user of the archive system.
Designed with large volume data migrations in mind, Akaibu Evolve works by...
- Identifying and storing metadata from source and target email archives, then performing metadata queries to establish the optimal migration process for each individual item.
- Communicating natively, through customizable connectors, with the archive and mail platforms it supports to ensure that the end-state will be vendor-supported.
- Preserving metadata, such as email distribution list information, to ensure that metadata types are mapped correctly between source and target systems.
Standard Platform for Ease of Management
Built using industry-standard Microsoft technologies, Akaibu Evolve is very easy to back-up, maintain and monitor during archive migrations. In addition, Akaibu Evolve can be managed remotely using either the standard client or a third party remote desktop technology such as Windows Remote Desktop, meaning consultants can manage long-term projects without the need to be physically onsite during the whole process.
As Akaibu Evolve uses SQL, additional customized migration reports can be written using SQL Server Reporting Services or mainstream third party tools.
Supported Archive and Email Platforms
- Autonomy Zantaz (EAS) version 6+ for Exchange
- Symantec Enterprise Vault version 8 SP5+ for Exchange
- Symantec Enterprise Vault.Cloud
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office365
Highly Flexible and Efficient
Because Akaibu Evolve is based upon a modular foundation model, additional archive sources and target types can be added without having to re-install or re-configure any server components that are already in use during a migration project.
Akaibu Evolve also allows the a number of migration tasks to be run simultaneously on different servers, providing high-speed migration performance without compromising data integrity or making the migration hard to manage.
Great Performance Built-in
- Migration Engine uses indexes and Stored Procedures procedures optimized for speed and efficiency, to improve migration performance.
- The Akaibu Evolve System Manager uses statistical support in the migration engine to generate real-time migration information to help the operator identify potential bottle necks for performance tuning.
- The Storage Engine is optimized for minimal resource activity to avoid the over-utilization of critical system resources.
- Migration reliability is enhanced by using true atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability (ACID) support so a server or single component failure has minimal impact on the integrity of the archive currently migrating.
Single source archive to multiple targets
Content aware auto-mapping and enhanced operator functionality means that managing migrations across multiple data stores is made much easier using Akaibu Evolve. Being able to combine different archives onto a new platform without adding unnecessary complexity also ensures that mergers and divestments can be completed more simply, while allowing users continued access to important archived information and emails.
SQL Server: Dual Core, Dual Processor 2+Ghz, 16GB RAM+, Fast Local (SAS/SCSI)or SAN disk (not NAS), 1Gb Network Interface Card. Windows 2003 + SQL 2005 (with reporting services) OR Windows 2008 R2 64 bit, SQL 2008 R2 64 bit.
Evolve Application Server: Dual Core, Dual Processor 2+GHz, 4GB RAM, 100GB free local storage (SATA/SAS/SCSI), Win 2008 R2 64 bit, 1Gb Network Interface Card.
Akaibu Evolve Summary Feature Set
- One-to-one, many-to-one or one-to-many mappings between source and target archives enables customers to consolidate or divide archives based upon rule sets and filters (such as date range).
- Exchange Mailbox stub transformation converts shortcuts (stubs) in users’ mailboxes to preserve transparency and functional integrity of the archive during and post migration.
- Scheduling engine provides the ability for customers to schedule migrations around backup windows and peak periods, thus optimizing migration throughput while minimizing network/system load during peak operational activity.
- Auditing capabilities include the ability to 'fingerprint' emails using MD5 Hash algorithms to ensure the forensic integrity of data migrated into the target system.
- Intelligent auto mapping reduces the administrative time required to match multiple source/target archives.
- Full debug/error logging capabilities significantly ease the troubleshooting of problematic emails/other environmental issues.
- Scalable architecture, based upon Microsoft SQL server allows for multiple migration servers to be deployed in tandem for massively parallel migrations, thus greatly reducing the time to complete projects.
- Full point-in-time statistical analysis of running jobs enables the customer to get an accurate real-time measurement of throughput and estimated job duration times.
- Real-time archive inspection during the pre-processing stage of each migration run removes the need for customers to put source archiving on hold before migration jobs are run, resulting in continual optimization of source and target mail systems during the migration project.
- Background migration of existing archive systems from one storage type to another (including WORM devices) without impacting end-users.
- Source archives are not altered or deleted during any migration process, so full rollback is possible
- User migrations can be pre-staged so that the bulk of archived data can be moved in the background ahead of a final 'top-up' migration and shortcut/stub transformationallowing for 'big-bang' migrations to be executed swiftly with minimal risk and maximum roll-back capability.
- Migrations of email archives can be staged to PST files and then ingested into cloud-based archives or Exchange 2010 archives.
- Accurate migration reports can be generated using SQL Reporting Services built into SQL 2005 and 2008 to facilitate trustworthy project progress and chain of custody reports.